Posted by http://fedandfit.com/roasted-mayo-chicken/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Roasted Mayo Chicken
- 1, 4-5 pound roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup mayo
- One lemon, zested then cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 inches cooking twine, to tie the chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then place breast side up in a large cast iron or roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, lemon zest, herbs, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Place the lemon halves inside of the cavity of the chicken, then tie the legs together with the twine.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, until the chicken breast reaches a temperature of 165 F and the juices run clear when cut.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes, then carve and serve!