If you’re looking for a vinaigrette to keep in the fridge that’s great for your gut, metabolically-healing, and just darn tasty, I’ve got you covered. This apple cider vinaigrette is a delicious, easy dressing to keep on hand to drizzle over any side salad (or quinoa salad) within reach.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing Recipe
Packed with health benefits and flavor, I have a feeling you’re going to craving having this dressing in your refrigerator on the regular. More than just vinegar and olive oil, this dressing is truly crave-able by the addition of maple syrup, a little Dijon, salt, pepper, and a dash of love. I have the full recipe spelled out for you, but I find myself measuring this one with my heart right into the jar. Give it a shake, pour over your favorite lettuce or grain salad, and bask in the tasty health benefits.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a vinegar made from apples and yeast. The yeast ferments the sugars in the apples and turns them into alcohol, and once that process is done, bacteria is added in to turn ferment the alcohol into acetic acid (acetic acid is what gives vinegar its sour smell and flavor).
What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar?
There are a TON of health benefits of apple cider vinegar – it’s really incredible! Here are a few of the most backed-by-science ones:
- May help manage blood sugar levels – this is a biggie! There have been studies that suggest that vinegar may improve insulin sensitivity by 19-34%, reduce blood sugar by 31% after a high carb meal, and reduce fasting blood sugar levels if consumed before bed. Amazing, right?!
- May aid in weight loss – vinegar has been shown to increase feelings of fullness, causing you to eat less throughout the day. There’s also been a study that’s shown weight loss benefits after daily ACV consumption.
- May remedy certain skin conditions – when used topically, the acidic nature of ACV has been shown to help rebalance the pH of the skin and improve the skin barrier. *If you’re skin is sensitive, this may not be the ACV hack for you!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
Now that we’ve talked all about apple cider vinegar, let’s chat dressing! Here’s everything you’ll need for this delicious, versatile ACV salad dressing:
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme or ½ of a teaspoon of dried
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
Making your own dressing is SO easy, y’all! All you’ll need to do is whisk the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, and thyme until fully combined, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the dressing is thickened.
What type of salad goes best with apple cider vinaigrette?
This apple cider vinaigrette is really fabulous on any green salad. It’ll jazz up a simple salad just as beautifully as it’ll marry together more complex ingredients in a fully loaded salad.
Other Ways to Serve or Use the Dressing
As mentioned above, this dressing is divine on all kinds of green salads. Besides that, though, it’s equally as delicious on slaws (it was actually created for this shaved brussels sprout slaw) or even as a marinade for chicken!
How to Store Salad Dressing with Apple Cider Vinegar
Store your apple cider vinaigrette in a jar (a mason jar works really well) in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
Just for You
Salad Dressing Recipes
Want more recipe ideas like this?
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme or ½ of a teaspoon of dried thyme
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, and thyme until fully combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until the dressing is thickened.