Chicken Fingers & Fries Sheet Pan Dinnerjump to recipe
This Chicken Fingers & Fries Sheet Pan Dinner is a great way to get a healthier version of this American classic on the table with ease. Great for a family night dinner in!
As the last of my Christmas dinner leftovers come to a close, I'm ready to officially say goodbye to holiday foods for a while. The first food I usually crave, after weeks of hearty holiday feasting, is Chinese …then Mexican …then good old fashioned Americana grub. I'm also ready for “cleaner” versions of these eats after (again) weeks of indulgences. My first stop was this Teriyaki Beef & Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner (oh and this Mongolian Beef), then we were onto Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, and now we're in Americana land. Bring on the bun-less burgers and the chicken fingers!
Today's recipe is an ode to the cook who wants to whip up a healthier chicken finger & french fry …but she/he wouldn't like to spend all day cooking. If you want chicken fingers, french fries, and maybe even a healthy slather of ketchup, but you would like to NOT have to go to the drive-through OR stand in front of bubbling oil at your stove, this recipe is for you!
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the sheet pan dinner. I love, love the concept. All you need to do is prep your foods, nestle them in together on a rimmed baking sheet (I love these stainless steel ones) and let the oven do the work!
This Chicken Fingers & Fries Sheet Pan Dinner is another great addition to my sheet pan dinner collection. The trick to this sheet pan dinner is to pre-cook the french fries a bit (for 20 minutes). While the potatoes get their initial bake on, prep the chicken fingers by dipping them in an egg wash and then coating in crushed pork rinds (my favorite for a healthier, but still crunchy “breading”). Nestle the chicken fingers in between the partially-cooked fries and then bake both together to finish for another 30 minutes!
Serve with the dipping sauces you enjoy most and savor that minimal kitchen cleanup!Print
Chicken Fingers & Fries Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1.5 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2–1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package pork rinds
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the potatoes into equal wedges, then toss to coat with olive oil and sea salt. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, crush up one bag of pork rinds. You can either pour the pork rinds into a gallon-sized bag and crush them by hand, or place them in a food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs. Once crushed, put the pork rind crumbs into a large bowl.
- After the 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and flip them over. Take each chicken tender, dip it into the whisked eggs, then dip it into the pork rinds and lay onto the sheet pan. Repeat for each chicken tender.
- Place the chicken tenders and fries back in the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve alongside dipping sauce of choice!