This Chimichurri Beef Sheet Pan Dinner incorporates a flavorful chimichurri-marinated steak with roasted broccolini and sweet potatoes. It’s a great one-pan meal idea that the family will love!
This dinner is an ode to everyone out there who wants something different for dinner, but doesn’t want to spend HOURS in the kitchen to make it happen. It’s for YOU – the person who loves big flavor but also wants that big flavor to come in a healthy package. It’s for the busy, the richly-scheduled, and the no-fuss cook. It’s the next dinner in my sheet pan dinner series!
To recap, here are all the sheet pan dinners on the blog so far:
- Chicken Fingers & Fries Sheet Pan Dinner
- Herb Crusted Salmon & Potato Bake
- Teriyaki Beef Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Halibut Sheet Pan Dinner
- BBQ Salmon & Mango Kabobs
- Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast
- Mustard Pork Tenderloin Bake
- Shrimp Fajita Sheet Pan DinnerChorizo Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Spatchcock Hen Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sausage & Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner
THIS chimichurri beef sheet pan dinner incorporates the brand new Mediterranean Chimichurri I just published, beef, sweet potato, and broccolini. Though my personal diet is a deviation from anything strict, this meal is as Paleo as Paleo gets.
How to make this Chimichurri Beef Sheet Pan Dinner
To whip this bad boy up, start by pre-baking the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan. We do this because not everything in this meal cooks for the same amount of time. By pre-cooking the sweet potatoes, we avoid over-cooking the beef + broccoli later. While the ‘taters bake, marinate your beef in some of the chimichurri. THEN, add the marinated beef and broccoli to the pan, bake, and garnish with more sauce! It’s delicious and requires minimal cleanup. WIN!
I hope you enjoy this zesty chimichurri beef sheet pan dinner as much as we did!
Chimichurri Sheet Pan Dinner
For the Chimichurri:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley stems and leaves
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 head broccolini
- 1.5 to 2 pounds steak – sirloin or flank steak recommended
- 1/2 cup chimichurri divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and place on sheet pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place all of the chimichurri ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice the beef into 1/2 inch strips, then place in a large bowl and mix with 1/4 cup chimichurri to marinate.
- Once timer goes off, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and spread out on the pan, then toss the broccolini with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Lay the broccoli on the sheet pan and sprinkle broccolini and sweet potatoes with remaining sea salt.
- Remove steak from the chimichurri marinade and lay on the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining chimichurri over the steak and vegetables and serve!