This Baked Halibut Sheet Pan Dinner comes together with a simple roast of potatoes, asparagus, and a homemade ranch dressing-coated halibut. This Paleo, one-pan dinner is an easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table with no fuss!
In the midst of all these holiday treats (though, they’re lovely), I wanted to bring you a simple, squeaky-clean meal! Sheet pan dinners have become a mini obsession of mine. You toss some veggies with a starch, add some flavor in the form of a healthy fat, wiggle in a protein, and bake until everything is done. It’s a one-pan dinner that results in lots of flavor, great texture, and filling healthy foods!
Today’s sheet pan dinner is all about baked halibut. I have LOADS of halibut in my freezer from my husband’s recent fishing trip to Alaska, so I’ve gotten pretty crafty with all the ways to prepare the delicious fish. It’s a meatier fish, not-fish (at all), and (I think) needs a sauce. Though I have made it a few times with a heavy dusting of seasoning (like a dry rub-turned-crust), I still prefer it with a sauce.
For this sheet pan dinner, we combine asparagus with red potatoes, a few onions, sprinkle of seasonings, and then a ranch dressing-dipped halibut. The combination is MAGICAL!
You’ll note that my directions call to bake the vegetables + potatoes first, then add the fish. This method allows us to get perfect roasted texture on the veggies without overcooking the fish. The fish is simply dipped in some of my homemade ranch dressing and then placed on top of the veggies for one final spell in the oven. For an even easier meal, you could certainly substitute your favorite store bought ranch option.
Dinner is delicious, healthy, and (best of all) easy-breezy. Note that if you can’t find halibut, ask your fish market representative for a comparable alternative.
Baked Halibut Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4, 6-8 ounce halibut filets
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 small red onion cut into sixths
- 1 bunch of asparagus thick stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Toss potatoes, red onion, and asparagus in olive oil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Spread out on a sheet pan and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Combine halibut with ranch dressing in a medium-sized bowl, making sure halibut is fully covered. Place on top of vegetables on sheet pan. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Raise the heat to 425 F and bake the whole pan for an additional 15-20 minutes, until halibut is flaky and fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve!