Chocolate Chip Zucchini Breadjump to recipe
This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is naturally gluten-free, really easy to make, and extremely delicious!
This recipe was a bit of a dream come true. You see, I've always liked the idea of a zucchini bread. I've always liked the green-flecked “healthier” (?) bread option. I like that it helps me use up the Summer's bounty of the green squash relative with something OTHER than a zucchini-filled frittata (or a bacon wrapped stuffed option like this one). I loved the idea, but I didn't always love actual zucchini bread. When the time came to enjoy a slice, I'd find myself opting for something else. IMHO, zucchini bread needed something. …it needed CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
This gluten-free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread will make real-deal zucchini bread fans, my friends! The cake itself is beautifully dense (like a pound cake) and the zucchini is really mild. With chocolate chips mixed in evenly, this bread toes the line between “reasonable treat” and “indulgent treat” masterfully.
You could up the ante even more by adding a few nuts, if you feel so included! Walnuts would be a great addition.Print
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until fully combined and fluffy.
- Add the coconut sugar to the bowl and mix for an additional minute, then beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease with butter, then fill with the batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least one hour, then slice and serve!
- For dairy-free: substitute ghee or coconut oil for butter and Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese