Easy Citrus Roasted Salmonjump to recipe
This citrus roasted salmon is the perfect way to take advantage of winter citrus! It comes together in under 20 minutes and is perfect for a weeknight dinner but impressive enough for company.
To me, this salmon is PERFECT for this time of year. We're officially into March, and as much as I've been ordering all of the cute spring clothes in an effort to summon warmer temperatures, I'm looking out at a grey gloomy sky and a chilly 30 degree day. This is also the time of the year where I start to dread eating another soup, stew, or big-batch roasted protein because I just want something fresh to remind me of all the fantastic produce that is about to come our way. And that is exactly where this citrus roasted salmon comes in!
This beautiful citrus roasted salmon takes full advantage of winter citrus and makes a gorgeous presentation that will break up those winter blues! The best part is that you can have this salmon on the table in just 20 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal or for a no-stress dinner party. To make it, you'll simply take a whole salmon filet, brush it with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice, then lay the citrus slices on top and bake for 15 minutes. We used parsley to garnish here but other fresh herbs like dill or chives would also be fantastic complements!
When it comes to serving, we recommend letting this citrus roasted salmon be the star of the show. It would pair perfectly with a simple salad, like this lemon sea salt arugula salad or our favorite winter veggie coleslaw, and some roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, or rice. We hope you love this dish as much as we do!Print
Easy Citrus Roasted Salmon
Dinner comes together in under 20 minutes with this flavorful citrus roasted salmon!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 1, 1-1.5 pound whole salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or blood orange, thinly sliced
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, then whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Brush the salmon with the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper. Lay the orange and lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Bake the salmon for 13-15 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork, then garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve!