Frozen Breakfast Sandwichesjump to recipe
These frozen breakfast sandwiches are made with all of the classics (bacon, egg, and cheese) and are the ultimate tasty, convenient breakfast on the go option!
Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
These frozen breakfast sandwiches are a must-have staple for any busy person. They are seriously SO easy to put together (everything gets baked on one sheet pan!), and the bacon, egg, and cheese combo sandwiched between two English muffin halves ensure you can start your day with a protein-packed meal!
Ingredients for Breakfast Sandwiches
The ingredient list for these breakfast sandwiches are super classic. Here’s what you’ll need:
- English Muffins – to build the sandwiches, you start with 12 english muffins (I used 2 packages of the Glutino GF English Muffins and they worked beautifully).
- Bacon – what’s a breakfast sandwich without bacon?! For this recipe, you’ll need 12 ounces of bacon.
- Eggs – 12 large eggs will hold everything together, making assembly a breeze!
- Heavy Cream – a ¼ cup of heavy cream gives the eggs a super creamy texture (you can definitely use any other kind of milk here too).
- Chives – a ¼ ounce of finely chopped fresh chives give a mild onion-garlicky flavor.
- Sea Salt – a ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt and…
- Black Pepper – …a ¼ teaspoon of black pepper simply season these sandwiches to perfection.
- American Cheese (optional) – if you desire, top your breakfast sandwiches using 12 slices of American cheese singles.
Breakfast Sandwiches Add-Ins
While (in my mind) there is nothing more classic than bacon, egg, and cheese (with a little chive), there are lots of fun add-in options you can play with to change up the flavor profile!
- Diced Bell Pepper – add red, yellow, or orange bell pepper to the bake for some extra texture and sweetness.
- Fresh Herbs – sprinkle in fresh herbs (like sage, rosemary, or parsley) to add brightness and a pop of flavor.
- Salsa – add a few spoonfuls of salsa to your egg mixture to spice things up!
- Use Deli Meat – Diced ham or turkey would make great additions for more protein, or you can substitute for the bacon completely for the ultimate, easy bake! Just add your diced deli meat to the egg mixture, bake, prep, and freeze!
Supplies Needed to Make This Recipe
How to Make Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
This one-pan process makes the prep work and assembly a breeze!
- Prep the bacon – preheat the oven to 375℉, and spread the bacon out evenly, in a single layer, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the bacon – bake the bacon for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are crispy. Once cooled slightly, pour off any excess fat (tip: pour in a jar and save it to cook with later!). Rearrange the bacon, if needed, so that it covers as much of the pan as evenly as possible.
- Whisk together the egg mixture – whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and chives. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon, then sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Bake – bake at 375℉ for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges don’t jiggle anymore. Note: the eggs may puff up towards the end of their time in the oven–this is okay! They will deflate once they cool.
- Let cool, then cut – let the eggs cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into 12 even rectangles.
- Add the cheese and assemble – place an unwrapped piece of cheese over each rectangle. Then, using a large spatula (I recommend a metal one, especially if you didn't use any kind of liner on your baking sheet), pick up each piece of bacon, egg, and cheese filling. Place each of the 12 filings in each of the 12 english muffins.
- Wrap and freeze – wrap the sandwiches in the parchment paper bags and place those bags in the labeled freezer bag. Freeze and enjoy within 5 months.
How to Reheat Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
To defrost in the microwave:
- Place the entire parchement bag, unopened, in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Open the bag, and place each layer of the sandwich on the top of the bag separately.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Reassemble, let cool until you can safely touch it, and enjoy!
To defrost in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Unwrap sandwich and place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
To defrost in the air fryer:
- Remove wrapping, then wrap in paper towel and heat in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Place in air fryer and air fry at 400°F for 2-3 minutes.
More Freezer-Friendly Breakfasts
Looking for more options to make breakfast your easiest meal of the day? Check out some of these tried and true freezer-friendly breakfasts!
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Chorizo Potato Breakfast Meatballs
- Blueberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Meatballs
- Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine
- Balanced Breakfast Egg Cups
- Egg Muffin Cups
- How to Make Protein Pancakes
- Best Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
- Butternut Squash Egg Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins
- Plantain and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole
Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
These frozen breakfast sandwiches are made with the classics–bacon, egg, and cheese, and are the ultimate for tasty, convenient breakfast on-the-go!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 12 english muffins
- 12 ounces of bacon
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- .25 ounces fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices American cheese singles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Spread the bacon out evenly, in a single layer, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are crispy. Once cooled slightly, pour off any excess fat (tip: pour in a jar and save it to cook with later!). Rearrange the bacon, if needed, so that it covers as much of the pan as evenly as possible.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and chives. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375℉ for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges don’t jiggle anymore.
- Let the eggs cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into 12 even rectangles.
- Place an unwrapped piece of cheese over each rectangle. Then, using a large spatula (I recommend a metal one, especially if you didn't use any kind of liner on your baking sheet,) to pick up each piece of bacon, egg, and cheese filling. Place each of the 12 filings in each of the 12 english muffins.
- Wrap the sandwiches in the parchment paper bags and place those bags in the labeled ziplock bag. Freeze and enjoy within 5 months.
Keywords: Freezer Breakfast Sandwich