Orange Chickenjump to recipe
Ever get a craving for Orange Chicken? I have a weakness for Panda Express’s deep fried sinfully delicious spicy sweet Orange Chicken.
About to make the turn for Panda Express one night, I decided to keep my wheel pointed towards home to try my luck at recreating the dish.
It was a huge success! I grilled the chicken instead of opting for the deep fryer and made my own orange sauce using honey, fresh oranges, and red pepper flakes.
Pan searing the chicken will work well too. You don’t have to grill it if you don’t own a grill or grill pan. If you consider honey to be under the paleo umbrella (I do – if eaten rarely), then this recipe is paleo!
What to eat it with? I put my orange chicken over a bed of fresh mixed lettuce greens. The extra sauce drizzled down over the lettuce and makes for a great dressing.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- zest of 1 medium sized orange
- 4 medium sized oranges, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt for seasoning
- cracked black pepper for seasoning
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Wash and cut the chicken breast into 1 inch size cubes.
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper. Grill or pan sear until cooked through.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the honey, orange juice, red pepper flakes, orange zest, and coconut oil.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, add to the orange sauce and toss.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve!
Approximate Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 1/4th portion
230 Calories; 6 g Fat; 24 g Protein; 15.5 g Sugar