Crispy air fryer chickpeas? Sign me up! Packed with protein and fiber, this crispy take on the popular legume is delicious as a snack or as a topping for salads or chicken quinoa bowls.
Table of Contents
This ingredient list is super short, and I’d be willing to bet that you already have 2 of the ingredients on hand. Here’s everything you’ll need (exact ingredient amounts can be found in the recipe card).
- Canned garbanzo beans
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
The process of making these air fryer chickpeas is about as simple as the ingredient list itself. Note that it is absolutely essential to let your canned chickpeas dry out completely and for as long as possible, so don’t skimp on that step. Here’s the full how-to:
- Drain and rinse – using a strainer, drain and rinse the can of garbanzo beans completely.
- Let dry – spread the garbanzo beans out evenly on a clean kitchen towel (or paper towel) and allow them to dry for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss with EVOO and cook – toss the chickpeas in the olive oil and then cook for 12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Finish with sea salt + enjoy!
We mentioned this above, but be sure to spread your chickpeas out on a dry towel and allow them to dry for as long as possible (up to 24 hours). This is KEY in getting your chickpeas nice and crispy in the air fryer.
How to Serve
How to Store
For the crispiest leftover chickpeas, transfer them to an airtight jar or container (a mason jar works GREAT here), then top with a folded paper towel (to absorb any residual moisture), and place the lid on top. Stored this way, they’ll stay good on the counter for 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can absolutely use canned chickpeas! That’s exactly what this recipe calls for.
Good question! We’ve tested and recommend 2 different air fryers – the Cosori Pro II and the Ninja AF 101. Both of these models perform great! If you’re looking to save space, go with the Ninja. If you want a bigger air fryer that can make more food per batch, the Cosori is your best bet!
We think air fryer chickpeas are a really great, healthy snack. Chickpeas are high in fiber and protein, so if you’re looking to get more of either of those in your diet, this recipe is for you.
Perfect Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 1, 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Drain and rinse the can of garbanzo beans completely.
- Spread the garbanzo beans out evenly on a clean kitchen towel (or paper towel) and allow them to dry for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss the chickpeas in the olive oil and then cook for 12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Finish with sea salt and enjoy!