Every item on this page was chosen by The Fed & Fit team. The site may earn a commission on some products (read more here).
These pumpkin lasagna rolls are the ultimate comfort food you’ll want to make again and again! Italian sausage is combined with ricotta, rolled up in a gluten free lasagna noodle, and topped with a bright, creamy pumpkin sauce.
By now you know we love all things pumpkin, and these Pumpkin Lasagna Rolls are the perfect savory fall inspired dish for you next gathering! These little rolls of delight are so incredibly versatile, you can pretty much please EVERYONE with a few simple optional modifications. You need dairy-free? We got you friend. You need grain and gluten-free? Totally doable with these bad boys. Love Italian food, but trying to cut back on nightshades? These will taste just as yummy with some easy substitutions. In fact, I can’t think of a more crowd-pleasing meal than this one!
When the temperatures drop here in Texas, I find myself craving all things warm and comforting. If you know me, you know by now that I also have a love for making BIG meals. I’m talking giant sized casseroles that can feed an army because it’s the perfect excuse to invite friends and family over. We’ll whip up a quick group friendly meal, pour some glasses of wine (or coffee) and enjoy each other’s company without the stress of complex food prep.
And it may be a little early for Thanksgiving menu planning… but I think these pumpkin lasagna rolls are a perfect fit for a different kind of Thanksgiving dish, and especially a Friendsgiving! Have you ever had one? I LOVE the idea of Friendsgiving for a few reasons. First, you get to see your friends AND family during Thanksgiving. Second, you get TWICE THE FOOD! Finally, while we usually do a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixins’ on Thanksgiving day with family, I love to get creative on Friendsgiving and go rogue with something totally fun and different. These Pumpkin Lasagna Rolls are totally going on the menu this year, along with the perfect Antipasto Salad, and my favorite pie for dessert!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Lasagna
So let’s talk about these rolls for a hot minute. The thing I love about them is that they’re SO FULL OF FLAVOR. Here’s what you’ll need to make them!
- Italian Sausage – 2 pounds of ground Italian sausage,…
- Ricotta Cheese – 15 ounces of ricotta,…
- Egg – …1 large egg,…
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese – …1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese,…
- Spices + Seasonings – …1 tablespoon of dried parsley, a ½ teaspoon of sea salt, a ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, a ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, and an ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg combine to make a DELICIOUS lasagna filling.
- Lasagna Noodles – 12 ounces of lasagna noodles are a must here! Be sure to grab gluten-free noodles if you need to, and know that regular lasagna noodles will work great if you can tolerate gluten.
- Canned Pumpkin – for the YUMMY pumpkin sauce, you’ll need 15 ounces of canned pumpkin puree (OR make your own!),…
- Fresh Herbs – …1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme, 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped sage,…
- Spices + Seasonings – …1 teaspoon of garlic powder, a ½ teaspoon of onion powder, an ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg,…
- Heavy Cream – …a ½ cup of heavy cream (or full-fat canned coconut milk)…
- Chicken Broth – …a ½ cup of chicken broth,…
- Lemon Juice – …the juice of half of a lemon, and…
- Maple Syrup – …1½ tablespoons of maple syrup!
How to Make Pumpkin Lasagna
This meal is pretty easy, especially considering how decadent and satisfying it is! Here’s how you’ll whip it up:
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F.
- Brown the Sausage – cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until browned and slightly crisp.
- Boil the Lasagna Noodles – while the sausage is cooking, boil the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Make the Pumpkin Sauce – add all of the ingredients for the pumpkin sauce to a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes, until it begins to bubble and becomes fragrant, then remove from heat.
- Combine the Ricotta Mixture Ingredients – in a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the ricotta mixture and stir to combine, until the egg is fully incorporated, then add the sausage to the bowl and stir again to combine.
- Assemble Lasagna Rolls – place about a ⅓ cup of the sausage and ricotta filling on the end of a lasagna noodle, then roll it up and place the rolled lasagna noodle in a deep 8×8 baking dish. Repeat this process for all 12 lasagna noodles.
- Top with the Pumpkin Sauce – pour the pumpkin sauce over the lasagna noodles, then bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, until the top is slightly browned and bubbly. Remove the lasagna rolls from the oven.
- Let Cool, Garnish, and Enjoy – let cool slightly, garnish with parsley, and serve!
I hope you enjoy these delicious, fall-inspired Pumpkin Lasagna Rolls!
For More Gluten-Free Noodle Recipes
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles
- For the Pumpkin Sauce
- 1, 15 ounce can 100% pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 th teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream substitute full-fat canned coconut milk for dairy-free
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Ricotta mixture:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until browned and slightly crisp.
- While the sausage is cooking, boil the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the pumpkin sauce to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, until it begins to bubble and becomes fragrant, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the ricotta mixture and stir to combine, until egg is fully incorporated. Add the sausage to the bowl and stir again to combine.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the sausage mixture on the end of a lasagna noodle, then roll it up and place it in a deep 8x8 baking dish. Repeat this process for all 12 lasagna noodles.
- Pour the pumpkin sauce over the lasagna noodles, then bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, until the top is slightly browned and bubbly. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, garnish with parsley, and serve!