Slow Cooker Thai Beef Stew
Today’s recipe for Thai Beef Stew is a sneak peek inside the brand new book, Meals Made Simple, by Danielle Walker of Against All Grain. If you’re already familiar with Danielle, you know that she has earned a reputation for fresh recipes, thoughtful meal plans, and a tremendous amount of grace.
I’m especially proud to showcase this one dish from her latest masterpiece!
Like so many of us on the go, I’m constantly in search of wow-worthy meals I can easily pull together in my slow cooker. This dish completely fits the bill. Like all the recipes in Meals Made Simple, the instructions were easy to follow and resulted in a dinner bursting with flavor.
I enjoyed the Slow Cooker Thai Beef Stew on a bed of basic cauliflower rice, a totally 21-Day Sugar Detox-friendly meal. It was filling, comforting, and made plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week.
Meals Made Simple is packed with over 100 delicious recipes that help take the mystery out of how to compose convenient, family-friendly, healthy meals. Danielle even included 8 weeks of meal plans, corresponding shopping lists, and tips on how to strategically make the most out of your leftovers!
Order your copy of the book HERE.
You can find Danielle on the web at the following:
Slow Cooker Thai Beef Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 to 8 hours
- Total Time: -26014336.833333 minute
- Yield: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed of fat
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 (13 1/2-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup peeled and julienned jicima
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the meat on all sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer each batch of browned meat directly to the slow cooker, then continue browning. Wipe out the skillet between batches if a lot of liquid has accumulated at the bottom to ensure even browning.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir continuously to release the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato paste, curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, and salt, then pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. Add the broccoli, carrots, and jicima during the last 30 minutes if cooking on high, or the last hour if cooking on low. Serve garnished with cilantro.