Posted by http://fedandfit.com/bbq-pork-plantain-pizza/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
For the Shredded Pork
- 1, 3 pound pork shoulder
- 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
For the Crust
- 3 plantains (green or slightly ripe)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
For the Pizza
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pre-cooked shredded pork
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, if desired
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
For the Semi-Homemade Ranch
- 3/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- Season pork shoulder with 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt. Place in the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low, or about 4-6 hours on high, until pork easily shreds apart. See HERE for Instant Pot method.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the plantains, coconut oil, and salt until smooth.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat, and spread the plantain mixture into a large circle, making the thickness as even as possible.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crust is browned and no longer sticky.
- Remove crust from oven and top with BBQ sauce, shredded pork, sliced jalapeno, and red onion. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients for the ranch dressing.
- Let cool, garnish with ranch and cilantro, then slice and serve!