Instant Pot Chipotle Brisket
- Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 70 MINUTES
- Total Time: 90 MINUTES
- Yield: 5
- 3 1/2 pounds beef brisket
- 1 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Cut brisket into 4 equal pieces.
- Add bacon fat to Instant Pot and turn to “saute.”
- Season brisket with chipotle powder by making sure it’s applied liberally and rubbed into all sides. Once the fat is melted, add the beef to Instant Pot in two batches, searing brisket for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Note: searing the beef all at once will cause overcrowding and will prevent the beef from browning nicely.
- Once all beef is browned, add all pieces back to the pot along with water.
- Close the instant pot, making sure the valve is set to “sealing” rather than “venting.” Hit the “meat/stew” button and adjust to cook for 70 minutes.
- Once the brisket is finished cooking, let the Instant pot release pressure naturally (about 15 minutes) until the lid easily opens.
- Slice the beef against the grain and serve. Garnish with sea salt and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!