This gluten-free pumpkin pie is filled with a delicious, classic, flavorful pumpkin pie filling made ultra-creamy thanks to a simple filling swap and is sure to WOW your holiday guests!
Best Ever Pumpkin Pie (Gluten Free)
Pumpkin pie is a *must* on my Thanksgiving table, and I’m not talking about a bland, boring pumpkin pie, I’m talking a luscious, flavorful, CREAMY pumpkin pie. Yeah, that kind. *That* kind of pumpkin pie is my all-time favorite holiday dessert, and miraculously (no matter how much I eat during Thanksgiving dinner), I always have room in my stomach for a slice of it.
- It’s Easy – first of all, this pumpkin pie is EASY to pull together and only calls for a few ingredients (many of which you may already have on hand!). No fussy ingredients and no fussy instructions.
- It’s Flavorful – another reason we say that this pie is the best is because it has a TON of flavor thanks to the spices and brown sugar. So many pumpkin pie recipes turn out to be bland and boring, but not this guy!
- It’s Creamy – we made a really simple swap here to create an ultra-creamy filling. Swapping heavy cream for traditional evaporated milk makes an incredible difference texture-wise.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
As mentioned above, this recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to add to your holiday grocery list:
- Pie Crust – to start, you’ll need 1 pie crust. Choose to go store-bought here or make our gluten-free pie crust if you want to go the homemade route.
- Eggs – the super creamy pumpkin pie filling is made up of 3 eggs,…
- Pumpkin Puree – …1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling),…
- Brown Sugar – …1 cup of brown sugar (stick with brown sugar here – it adds an incredible depth of flavor!),…
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – …2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice,…
- Vanilla Extract – …2 teaspoons of vanilla extract,…
- Sea Salt – …a pinch of sea salt, and…
- Heavy Cream – …1 cup of heavy cream (the key to a creamy filling!).
- Whipped Cream – grab some whipped cream (homemade or store-bought) and…
- Cinnamon – …a jar of ground cinnamon to serve!
How to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Just 5 steps stand between you and a delicious, gluten-free pumpkin pie! Are you ready?! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Prep – preheat the oven to 375°F, and place your pie crust (homemade or store-bought) in a 9.5-inch pie pan.
- Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling – to make the filling, crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them. Then, add in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt, and whisk to combine. Finally, stir the heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture, and pour it into the pie crust.
- Bake – cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil (or use a pie shield), and bake the pumpkin pie for 50-60 minutes, until it no longer jiggles in the middle.
- Let Cool – let your pie cool for 1 hour, and then transfer the pie to the refrigerator.
- Serve + Enjoy – when you’re ready to enjoy the pie, slice, and serve with whipped cream and cinnamon!
Tips for Easy Pumpkin Pie
Don’t be intimidated by pie, y’all! This version is really easy, and these tips will help to ensure the tastiest pie every time:
- Cover the Crust – use a pie crust shield or foil to cover the crust so it doesn’t burn.
- Use an Egg Wash – for a prettier pie crust, brush it with egg wash (1 whisked egg + 1 tablespoon water).
- Don’t Overbake – bake the pie until it is *just* set and doesn’t jiggle in the middle anymore. Overbaking will lead to cracking!
- Use What You Have – if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, don’t worry! Just use 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, a ½ teaspoon ground ginger, a ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves instead.
- Let the Pie Cool First – let the pie come completely to room temperature before transferring it to the refrigerator!
What is the best pie crust to use for gluten-free pumpkin pie?
You’ve got several options when it comes to this – choose to make your own or grab a store-bought crust! Here are a few of the best homemade options:
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust – our gluten-free pie dough is made from a gluten-free flour blend and is egg and dairy-free! This a great option if you’re serving this pie to someone with food sensitivities.
- Paleo Pie Crust – made from a paleo-friendly flour blend (almond flour, arrowroot flour, and coconut flour) and coconut sugar, this paleo-ish (we used grass-fed butter) crust is a great option!
- Graham Cracker Crust – our quickie graham cracker pie crust is made with just graham crackers (these gluten-free graham crackers are our favorite!) and grass-fed butter. You’ll need a food processor to pull this one-off, but it’s the easiest crust option (besides store-bought!) and is super yummy!
- Premade Crust – grab a premade crust from the grocery store. A gluten-free crust (if you’re gluten intolerant) or a regular crust (if you can tolerate gluten) are great options, and a gingersnap crust would really take your pumpkin pie to the next level!
Easy Pumpkin Pie FAQs
Just for You
Want more recipes like this?
Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Gluten Free)
- 1 pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 3 eggs
- 1, 15- ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream for serving
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place the pie crust in a 9.5-inch pie plate.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, then whisk them. Add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Stir the heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture, then pour it into the pie crust.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil or use a pie shield, then bake for 50-60 minutes, until the pie no longer jiggles in the middle.
- Let cool for 1 hour, then transfer the pie to the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- For dairy-free: use full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream
- For refined sugar-free: use coconut sugar in place of the brown sugar